Rochford Parish Council - Core Information
Precept 2012/2013: £113,557 06p.
No. of Councillors 17
No. of Staff: Clerk (Full Time), 3 manual staff (Part Time)
- Full Council 1st Wednesday in the Month (except August and December)
- Committee Meetings 2nd and 3rd Wednesdays in the Month
- Other meetings as deemed necessary
- Maintenance of Streetlights owned by the Parish Council
- Parish Seats
- War Memorial
- Ashingdon Greensward
- Operation of Parish Council office.
- Hanging Baskets in Rochford Square
- Maintenance and planting of horse trough in Rochford Square
- Working in partnership with the District/County Council and other agencies.
- Maintenance of Bus Shelters
Council managed facilities/events:
Please click on a topic below for more detailed information.
- Parish Rooms hire
- St. Marks Hall
- Doggetts Wildlife area
- Christmas Lights Festival
Representation on the following outside bodies:
- Rochford Hundred Assn. Of Local Councils - 3 members, meetings quarterly in various locations in the Rochford District.
- Old Peoples Welfare Committee - 1 member, meetings monthly in Rochford
- Rochford & District Chamber of Trade – 1 member, meetings monthly in Rochford
- Crime and Disorder Panel – 1 member, meetings monthly in Rochford District
- Passenger Transport Forum – 1 member, meetings quarterly in various locations in Rochford District
- Police Consultative Group – 2 members, meetings quarterly in various locations within Castle Point and Rochford.
- Rayleigh & Rochford Assn. of Voluntary Services – 1 member, meetings quarterly in Rayleigh.
Members/Staff also attend various training courses/conferences for which a travel/subsidence allowance is paid.
The Chairman and/or Clerk attends various functions throughout the year representing the Parish Council these are often in Rochford District, but sometimes further afield.